eNewsletter Sign up
Sign up to receive the latest Gold Coast economic updates, investment opportunities, awards and information on our programs and events.
Gold Coast Business
Please select your industry type from the list and learn more about how BusinessGC can help you fulfil your potential.
About the Industry Types
Nine key industries have been identified that deliver vitality, diversity, competitiveness and strength to the city’s economy and future prosperity. BusinessGC works with its partners in industry and government to develop these sectors by implementing the Key Industry Action Agendas.
These core activities are to:
• Organise key industry clusters to prioritise competitive opportunities.
• Support industry-led associations for each of the key industries and be instrumental in developing ones for industries without a peak body.
• Promote flexible networks among private companies that develop new markets, new products and increased profits.
These nine Key Industries aim to:
• Create the conditions necessary for regional economic success and prosperity including a highly skilled, educated community, strong international connections, infrastructure that meets the needs of industry and an entrepreneurial culture focused on innovation.
• Strengthen industries with good prospects for growth, sustainability and success in the global economy.
• Create and sustain employment opportunities to meet the needs of industry and the needs of individuals for well-paid, fulfilling work.
BusinessGC aims to facilitate industry groups working together within flexible networks to become more competitive through:
• Cooperation and partnerships among existing businesses, plus government, educational and research organisations.
• Supporting the operation of peak industry bodies.
• Enhancing export orientation.
• Cluster development including relationships between suppliers/contractors, inter-firm links, attracting specialist, supporting firms.
• Further development of R&D facilities in the City.
• Working with universities/TAFE/schools.
• Supportive physical infrastructure including transport and communications.
• Supporting networks: inter-firm, inter-personal, international, active, vibrant, renewing.
Important: While all due care has been taken to ensure that the content of this website is accurate and current, there may be errors or omissions in it and no legal responsibility is accepted for the information and opinions in this website.