• The applicant must have a successful and proven track record and the capability (including technical, managerial, financial) to carry out the activity proposed.
• The applicant must have been operating profitably for at least the past two years.
• The applicant’s company must provide significant net economic benefits to the city that will result in the creation of sustainable jobs for the city’s workforce.
• The applicant must have, or can obtain, an Australian Business Number (ABN)
• The proposed activity must be commercially viable in the absence of any financial assistance that may be provided by Gold Coast City Council.
• The proposed activity must not cause significant detriment to and/or be a substitute for, existing businesses located in Gold Coast City.
• The proposed activity must not have been committed to or commenced on the Gold Coast prior to applying to Council’s Investment Attraction Program.
• The proposed activity does not compromise national and international obligations for Queensland and Australia.
• The proposed activity must be contestable with other cities, states or countries
If your business sits within one of the following industry sectors, you are encouraged to apply for Gold Coast City Council’s Investment Attraction Program:
• Advanced manufacturing
• Creative industries
• Education and training
• Environmental and alternative energy technologies and services
• Information communication technology
• Marine manufacturing and design
• Processed foods and beverages manufacturing
• Health & Medical related industries
• STEM (Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) related firms
• Research and development
• Sports business
Important: While all due care has been taken to ensure that the content of this website is accurate and current, there may be errors or omissions in it and no legal responsibility is accepted for the information and opinions in this website.