Gold Coast Facts & StatisticsGold Coast Fast Facts*:
• One of Australia’s fastest growing large cities, with a 5-year annual average population growth rate of 3.2% (compared to 1.8% for Australia).
• A population of over 527,000, within the booming South East Queensland catchment of almost three million.
• Strong interstate migration of approximately 1500 people per month.
• A strong regional economy valued at A$18.2 billion, which has doubled over the last decade.
• Australia’s leading tourist destination, with approximately 11 million visitors per annum.
• Tourist expenditure of A$12.1 million per day.
• Household expenditure of A$11.3 billion.
Gold Coast City - Lifestyle Facts:
• Fantastic year-round temperate climate
• Australia’s most bio-diverse city with stunning beaches, waterways and rainforests
• Southern hemispheres’ largest range of themed attractions
• Queensland’s largest shopping centre
• Award winning restaurants and al fresco dining experiences
• Conrad Jupiter’s Casino
• Major sporting and cultural events
• Over 40 premier golf courses
• Captivating nightlife
*Source: Gold Coast City Council Input/Output table 1996-97, 2001-02, 2007-08, National Institute of Economic and Industry Research November 2007, Australian Bureau of Statistics Census, Tourism Research Australia
Important: While all due care has been taken to ensure that the content of this website is accurate and current, there may be errors or omissions in it and no legal responsibility is accepted for the information and opinions in this website.